Sunday, October 4, 2009

Al and Abdul Go to the Zoo

-
"What do you think they have in an Indian zoo? Maybe they'll have elk!"
- Brittany Nickolay (my fricken awesome sister)
-
Close! The first animal that Abdul and I saw at the zoo were spotted deer. Besides them though, it was a lot of lions, tigers, and bears.
Oh My!
I convinced Abdul to go the zoo with me last Saturday and we actually had a really good time. Even despite the fact that honestly, the zoo wasn't all that great. The cages were really dirty so there were awful smells wafting around. And people taunt the animals! There were boys throwing rocks at the lions! Poor lions! And besides that the zoo is ginormous and there aren't any signs so you just kind of wander around. We were trying to find the giraffes (cause they're my favorite animal) but people just kept pointing us in all different directions.
-
And once again I attracted a lot of attention. Abdul kept saying, "people are always staring at you." No, really? We decided that I needed my own exhibit so people could just take photos, and throw rocks at me, and get it over with.
-
After walking around for a while, Abdul and I sat down and had this little boy take our picture. I should have learned my lesson at the last park I went to

-
you NEVER sit down. Cause it starts off so innocent.
-
Aww see, so cute right? And then Shabaam!
-
Tons of little kids, I don't know! And of course, things got way out of hand. But they're so cute, how can you not love them? Then they just started following Abdul and I around for the rest of the day!

They picked flowers for me (even though the guards were yelling at them) and they even bought me ice-cream! Abdul accused them of flirting with me when they were bringing me flowers but they said it was not like that, I was like an older sister to them. Awww. Can I keep one?


-
Well we didn't se anymore animals after this pack of monkeys joined our outing. It was amazing though. I can really see myself coming back to India to be a teacher one day. They just warm my heart.

(Pretty flowers they picked for me)

-
-
-

P.S. I'm being eaten alive. I offer this photo as proof. Mind you this is ONE side of ONE of my arms.




1 comment: